Go to Wikipedia. Type in your birth date (but not year).
List at least three events that happened on your birthday.
List at least two important birthdays and at least one interesting death.
- 1279 BC – Ramesses II becomes Pharaoh of Egypt.
- 1866 – In the Fenian Invasion of Canada, John O’Neill leads 850 Fenian raiders across the Niagara River at Buffalo, New York/Fort Erie, Ontario, as part of an effort to free Ireland from the English. Canadian militia and British regulars repulse the invaders in over the next three days, at a cost of 9 dead and 38 wounded to the Fenian’s 19 dead and about 17 wounded.
- 2004 – A foul-up during routine software update at the Royal Bank of Canada leads to a three-day misplacement of 10 million account balances.
- 1930 – Clint Eastwood, American actor, director, and producer
- 1962 – Corey Hart, Canadian singer and songwriter
- 1996 – Timothy Leary, American professor and free-thinker (b. 1920)
Holidays and observances
- World No Tobacco Day